APA Books® publishes premier resources in psychology from the American Psychological Association for students, instructors, researchers, clinicians, policy makers, and the general public. All resources are peer reviewed and set a standard for the finest scholarship on psychological research and practice in the social and behavioral sciences. This expansive collection of professional, scholarly, and trade books charts our evolving knowledge of all major branches of psychology. Particularly notable are the award winning APA Dictionary of Psychology; the definitive APA Handbooks in Psychology series; APA Style products; LifeTools; and our Magination Press children’s books.
APA Videos® provide a solid foundation for psychology and counseling training programs through video demonstrations by master clinicians of psychotherapy in action. More than 200 videos available in this acclaimed series show clients interacting with therapists and present a wide range of topics, outcomes, and therapeutic techniques.
- Be critical and thought provoking, but not malicious or degrading.
- We will delete any comments that are profane, malicious, degrading, pornographic in nature, or unnecessarily hurtful.
- No personal attacks, hate speech, or threats toward individuals, religious figures, or other comment posters.
- No flaming, trolling, or baiting.
- Do not post comments or images that defame, compromise trade secrets, or violate the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
- To protect users’ privacy, we discourage the inclusion of your or others’ personal information, such as e-mail addresses, in your comments.
- This is an online community for our users, not a means for advertisers to promote their websites or products. Therefore, we will delete all advertising posts.
- We are happy to answer questions posed in the comments. However, please do not submit the same question to multiple posts. Duplicates will be deleted.
- The views and opinions expressed in blog comments belong to the people who write them only.
- When quoting any other blog or publication, link to the original and use quotation marks or indents for longer text.
- Blog editors review all comments and may remove your comments at the sole discretion of APA.
- APA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
- For more information, please see APA’s Social Media Policy.
Find us on social media
Become an author
Do you have a great book idea? We’d love to hear it! See our guidelines for submitting proposals to APA Books.
Contact our customer service department
APA Service Center
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242
Phone: 800-374-2721 or 202-336-5510
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Sign up for alerts
Use PsycALERT to get notified about new books (and other APA publications!).
APA supports the dissemination of information to aid in the development of science and scholarly research. APA also values and respects its own intellectual property as well as the intellectual property of others. As a result, APA believes it is essential for publishers of scholarly and other proprietary material to develop an efficient and consistent system, based on mutual trust, for granting permissions for both electronic and print publication of proprietary works. Therefore, APA adopts the following guidelines for the use of APA copyrighted content.
Learn about titles available for translation
To request the rights to publish or produce APA Books®, Magination Press® publications, or Videos in different formats—such as translation more commonly but also including audio, book club, electronic, video, television, and motion picture—you must license the material directly from APA.